The night attack on the Crimean bridge was a special operation of the naval forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the Security Service of Ukraine.
This was reported to RBC-Ukraine by sources in the SBU.
According to the Security Service, the SBU and the Naval Forces of Ukraine were involved in the night undermining of the Crimean bridge.
“The bridge was attacked with the help of surface drones. It was difficult to reach the bridge, but in the end it was done,” the source said.
We add that earlier the head of the SBU, Vasily Malyuk, said that the bridge was a legitimate target for Ukraine and promised to tell the details of the unique special operations after the victory.
Updated 09:10. The SBU reacted ironically to the situation
“Nightingale, my brother, the bridge went to ‘sleep’ again. Yes, once … Two! PS Music – folk. Words – SBU,” the Security Service of Ukraine said in a statement.
Recall that explosions were heard on the Crimean bridge tonight. After that, the so-called head of Crimea, Sergei Aksyonov, announced an alleged “emergency situation in the 145 support area.”
Previously, the span of the Crimean bridge in the direction of Taman was destroyed, another one in the direction of Kerch sank. Automobile and railway lines are blocked, but the last occupiers promise to restore before 09:00.
Officially, the Russians report two dead – a man and a woman from the Belgorod region of the Russian Federation.
It is worth noting that the Crimean bridge is being destroyed for the second time in ten months. The last time the bridge span collapsed was on October 8, 2022. As the invaders said at the time, a truck exploded on the Crimean bridge.
Russian dictator Volodymyr accused Ukraine of a “terror attack”. Officially, the Ukrainian side has not yet claimed responsibility, but has repeatedly noted that the Crimean bridge is a legitimate target. Since the invaders use it as a logistical route for the supply of military equipment and not only to the occupied peninsula.