PMC “Wagner” Yevgeny Prigozhin suspended the work of regional recruitment centers for mercenaries in Russia for a month.
Source : ” Novaya Gazeta Europe” with reference to the profile telegram channel associated with the “Wagnerites”
Literally : “Due to the temporary non-participation of Wagner PMC in a special military operation and moving to the Republic of Belarus, we are temporarily suspending the work of regional recruitment centers for Wagner PMC for a period of 1 month.”
Details : At the same time, call centers for employment in PMCs continue to work. What kind of vacancies are open, is not specified.
According to New Europe estimates, as of June 30, PMCs were recruited at at least 21 recruiting centers in 20 Russian cities – more than half of all recruiting centers that have ever advertised their connection with the Wagner PMC.
What came before : On June 30, the BBC reported that the Wagner PMC continues to recruit militants for the war in Ukraine throughout Russia, despite Yevgeny Prigozhin’s failed mutiny attempt.
- On the evening of June 23, the leader of the Wagner PMC, Yevgeny Prigozhin, said that the regular Russian army had launched a missile attack on the rear camps of his PMC, and because of this, 25,000 mercenaries were going to “restore justice . “
- On June 24, the “Wagnerites” took control of military facilities in Rostov-on-Don and seized military facilities in Voronezh , went “to Moscow” – and in the capital of the Russian Federation they were already preparing for defense.
- On the evening of the same day, after a conversation with the self-proclaimed President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko, Prigozhin announced that his mercenaries were returning to field camps . The criminal case against Prigozhin in the Russian Federation was promised to be closed , and he was supposed to “go to Belarus.”
- On June 27, Prigozhin’s business jet flew from the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don to Belarus, another plane flew there from St. Petersburg. The FSB of Russia announced that the criminal case on the “armed rebellion” of the head of the PMC “Wagner” Yevgeny Prigozhin was closed.
- At the same time, as of July 1, Ukraine does not record the movement of Wagner units to Belarus, and the US Department of Defense has information that some of the Wagner PMC mercenaries continue to be in the territory of Ukraine occupied by Russia.